Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

What is a Journal?

Hello everybody~

According to Google:

jour·nal
ˈjərnl/
noun
noun: journal; plural noun: journals
  1. 1.
    a newspaper or magazine that deals with a particular subject or professional activity.
    "medical journals"
    synonyms:periodicalmagazinegazettedigestreviewnewsletterbulletin; More
    "a medical journal"
  2. 2.
    a daily record of news and events of a personal nature; a diary.
    synonyms:diary, daily record, daybookloglogbookchronicleMore
 A journal is a series of writings done by a person in response to daily life. It contains descriptions of events and reflections about the events.  I make a distinction between a journal and a diary.  I consider a diary to contain a description of the events of the day.  A journal may contain these descriptions, but it also contains your reflections on the events, and your feelings about them.  It doesn't matter what you call your writing, either a diary or journal, as long as you understand the distinction between these two ways of writing.  When a person becomes aware that their life is a spiritual journey, their journal becomes the travelogue of their personal experiences along their journey. Even people who travel along the same organized religious path have unique and individual spiritual paths because each person's spiritual path is based upon their own experience.

So I would like to encourage both of you and myself to start a journal on anything that you like.  For the first timers and to those who wants to get started again, try art journalling!  No, wait!  Oh dear what about altered book?  Smashbook?  Scrapbook? and counting!  (This will take forever if I ever to finish listing the possible type of things that related to this journal/art/photos/etc.)  I personally can't decide on which to pick.  They all related in most aspects!  I've been doing a lot of surveying, researching, windows shopping, reading on these for years.  But back then I was much younger and I can't afford some tools and stuffs and was't encouraged enough or I didn't even think or know anything about it.  All I did was drawing a lot on papers. To make things easier, generally speaking, I'll start with journal.  To me, a journal is a compilation of your own personal work of art.  So put anything in it.

...to be continued...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo whydidntyoujustcooperateinthefirstplace_zps1a517116.gif